Jasjote Grewal, LL.B. (Warwick), M.A. (Strasbourg)
Jasjote Grewal was a Research Associate in Biolaw at the Centre for Ethics and Law in the Life Sciences, Hannover. Jasjote holds an undergraduate degree in Law from the University of Warwick and a Masters in Bioethics from CEERE, the Centre Européen d’Enseignement et de Recherche en éthique, based at the University of Strasbourg. She qualified as a Solicitor in England and Wales in 2010 with a niche law firm in London, specialising in health and social care law.
Jasjote has undertaken research internships at both HeLEX, the Centre for Health, Law and Emerging Technologies at the University of Oxford, and at the Department of Ethics and Social Determinants at the World Health Organization, Geneva.
Tel.: +49 511 762 4949
Fax: +49 511 762 14146
CELLS – Centre for Ethics and Law in the Life Sciences
Leibniz Universitaet Hannover
Main Areas of Research
- governance of orphan drugs
- ELSI (stem cells, biobanks)
- Lohse, S. & Grewal, J. 2015: “Book review: Governing Biobanks: Understanding the Interplay Between Law and Practice’“, SCRIPTed 12:1, 70-74. Online: script-ed.org
- Grewal, J., & Hoppe, N. 2015: "Don’t Forget the Orphans”, European Journal of Health Law 22:2, 107-111.
- Kaye, J., Hurles, M., Griffin, H., Grewal, J., Bobrow, et al. 2014: "Managing clinically significant findings in research: the UK10K example”, European Journal of Human Genetics 22, 1100-1104.